Hi-Rez issue their first official SMITE update
SMITE, unlike most MOBA titles, takes place in a more traditional third person perspective rather than a wide-angled isometric view; appealing to fans of more classic, mmorpg style games, such as World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2. The change in scenery means that they've needed to launch with a bang, and this week has already seen some visual, fan-pleasing updates, as well as their first official footsteps into the realm of eSports, complete with a $200,000 tournament.
It's been one heck of a week for the team at Hi-Rez, and where they found the time to launch a rebalancing SMITE update, we'll never know, but here's the lowdown:
1. Bastet has been visually updated, as well as updated with some new attack features, making her faster, smoother and capable across a wider effective cone.
2. New Skins have been added for PrivaTyr, Feaster Bunny Bakasura and Golden Scylla.
3. General HUD and UI bug fixes and improvements have been carried out.
4. A few gameplay features have been adjusted, including the payoff of outer towers being reduced to 100 Gold from 200, in order to make inner towers noticeably more rewarding.
5. The new God rotation is in effect; introducing Isis, Athena, Odin, Anhur and Loki to the player roster.
6. Various minor item improvements and debugs.
7. A rebalance across a host of characters has been performed, affecting Ao Kuang, Arachne, Cupid, Chronos, Hun Batz, Kali, Loki, Scylla, Sun Wukong, Ullr, Zhong Kui.
For a full list of changes, check out the update notes here.