New LOTRO Expansion Polishes Rune-keeper Skills and Traits
LOTRO's Rune-keeper class will receive several skill upgrades and trait improvements in the upcoming Riders of Rohan expansion. In a new developer diary, LOTRO developer Turbine identified three skills that will be jazzed up for the resident healer-DPS hybrid:
- Improved Scribe’s Spark – This improved skill will add a potent threat reducing effect.
- Improved Rune of Restoration – Your ‘pet rock’ will gain a power restore effect in addition to its morale over time effect.
- Improved Armour of Flame/Winter/Storm – Each of these skills will add a morale bubble in addition to their normal effects.
Two more skills will be strengthened to make their debuff and damage effects hit more in the in the MMORPG:
- Flurry of Words – Change the evasion reduction to +3% incoming critical chance. That means monsters under the effect of this debuff will be critically hit 3% more often.
- Mystifying Flame – A moderate increase in the damage along with a concomitant increase in the amount of threat reduction
Two traits will be boosted as well:
- Linnod of Peace – Add -10% healing threat generation effect.
- Rune of Endurance – This Trait will also enhance the Power restoration of the Improved Rune of Restoration.
Turbine said that while the upgrades seem mild in comparison to the overhauls some of the other classes in the free online rpg will be getting, it is more owing to the fact that Rune-keepers are relatively fine as they are now. “While none of these changes and additions are earth shattering, we don’t feel that Rune-keepers are in need of major changes at this time.”
Developers are also planning to address a bug that have been pestering fans of the online rpg. “The one thing that we would really like to fix is the issue with the Rune of Restoration falling through floors. While we haven’t been able to fix this as of this writing we are still hopeful of at least a partial fix,” said Turbine.