Heroes of the Storm teases fans with more info
We've been looking forward to Heroes of the Storm since the first glimpses of it emerged over three years ago as a mod preview. Now that the MMO inspired MOBA has become a tangible product, and something that we can expect, in our hands, very shortly; excitement has reached boiling point.
Last week, we reported on the reveals of the first batch of heroes, coming from the franchise trinity of Blizzard's most popular MMO games; StarCraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft, but this week, developers have gotten much more specific. In Blizzard's latest Heroes of the Storm reveal, everything from hero rotation, to daily quests, to the fundamentals of the progression gets discussed.
A full array of the upcoming features can be found on the official Heroes of the Storm homepage, but here's a quick rundown of the key features:
- Players will have access to up to 6 free heroes to choose from each week, with the sixth being unlocked after enough - experience has been earned.
- Hero rotations will be weekly, taking place every Tuesday.
- Off-rotation heroes can be purchased with real money, but can also be purchased using "Gold", which is earned by completing daily quests and hitting objectives.
- All heroes are testable on a closed, custom map, prior to purchase.
- Players who pre-order Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will get a free Valla the Demon Hunter hero in Heroes of the Storm.
- Heroes can be customized with skins, and can be "tinted" to look unique for each player. Additional tints and skins are unlocked, awarded or bought.
- Mounts will be available and customizeable.
- Unique mounts will be given to anyone who makes real-money purchases during the alpha and beta tests.
Let us know what you think about the new Heroes of the Storm info, and how it's comparing to other MOBA's in the comments section below.