- Read moreThe Mighty Quest for Epic Loot highlights the Archer class This newest class gameplay video for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot shows off the shooting, tumbling and chicken-killing skills of Archer Blackeye Bowgart.As shown in the trailer, the Archer class is a ranged mobile class capable of escaping even the stickiest situations that The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot throws his way. He uses a trusty cross
- Read moreFinal Fantasy 14 relaunches as A Realm Reborn on August 27 Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, the revamped version of the widely-panned original, will launch on August 27 for the PC and PlayStation 3 console. Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is currently in its second beta phase, with a third rumored to be rolled out sometime in June and to include PS3 players for the first time ever. With the relaun
- Read moreEldevin second closed beta invites thousands of new testers Eldevin greatly expands its invite list to the newly launched second closed beta, and will allow play access up to level 30. The second Eldevin closed beta will also be able to try out the 6 talent specialization trees, namely Templar, Warrior, Assassin, Ranger, Mage and Prophet. Beta testers can also look forward to exploring 14 different profess
- Read moreElemental: Fallen Enchantress stand-alone expansion, "Legendary Heroes", out now The newly released Legendary Heroes is meant to be an upgrade pack for Elemental: Fallen Enchantress or a polished introductory game to Elemental series virgins. Everyone will remember the rocky release of Elemental: Fallen Enchantress back in 2011 as critics panned its flawed mechanics and execution. Legendary Heroes now seeks to address those cr
- Read moreRenaissance Heroes marches on to Steam packing new content Renaissance Heroes is now available to download via the Steam platform, and it comes with a new playable character and the new castle fortress map Chateau. The latest version of Renaissance Heroes also comes with an expanded arsenal of lethal devices, said free to play mmo publisher GameFuse. Producer Matthew Lenehan added that by expanding the d
- Read moreWorld of Warcraft revamps PvP with Patch 5.3: Escalation The newly released World of Warcraft Patch 5.3: Escalation turns PvP on its head with sweeping mechanics changes, a new battleground and a new arena. Most World of Warcraft patches focus on the PvE side of the game, but not Patch 5.3: Escalation. PvP fans will find a vast number of tweaks to how battlegrounds and arenas work. For one, b
- Read moreWatching the stirring trailer for Star Trek Online's Legacy of Romulus expansion Star Trek Online's latest expansion, Legacy of Romulus, launches today and there's no better primer to the new playable faction than this launch trailer.From its title alone, it's obvious what will be the main focus of the new Legacy of Romulus expansion: The Romulans, a new third playable faction in the sci-fi mmorpg alongside the Federation a
- Read moreGuild Wars 2 makes "Last Stand at Southsun" Guild Wars 2 escalates into final confrontation between players and Southsun's resident sylvari renegades starting May 28. The fantasy mmo is looking to close the Southsun arc with the thrilling "Last Stand at Southsun" update, which promises a wild and possible bloodbath-style conclusion as the desperate sylvari gang Canach do everything possible
- Read moreMapleStory 8th anniversary reveals player loyalty stats and freebie events Freebies are flooding MapleStory as the free to play mmo celebrates eight years of sidescrolling action fun and a bevy of loyal subscribers. Nexon America proudly revealed that the game has a big chunk of loyalists in North America -- 21% to be exact are 4-year veterans. That’s roughly 1 out of 5 MapleStory NA players who have been with the game f
- Read moreTeam Fortress 2 busts out Robotic Boogaloo, its first community-made update Fans completely took over the development reins and the final result is Team Fortress 2’s newest update, Robotic Boogaloo, which is now live. The Team Fortress 2 update introduces 57 new community items, the most ever unloaded in a single go. The update is also 100% created by the resident mmofps community, from the game content to the market
- Planet CalypsoRead moreIf your gamer heart harkens for a total sandbox gaming experience, then Planet Calypso is the game for you. This virtual world game, developed, by MindArk really leaves it up to the player to decide on how they wish to interact, and possibly change, the game world. Planet Calypso is set in the futur
- ShootManiaRead moreShootMania: Storm is a mmofps developed by Nadeo and harkens back to the early days of shooting action. Do you want an intricate, complex plot? Looking for boatloads of achievements, perks, or costume pieces? If you are, then you better look elsewhere. ShootMania is about intense, first-person shoot
- ElswordRead moreElsword is a free-to-play two-dimensional Free MMORPG by KOG Studios. This Korean import focuses on intense action from the very beginning in a fantasy setting. Players start off with choosing one of six different characters, each with their own unique combat style. Afterwards, it's immediately
- Kings and LegendsRead moreGraphics Kings and Legends is a turn-based card battle browser mmo. Players can summon creatures to fight for them, and these creatures appear on screen as 2D sprites patterned after familiar fantasy models such as human knights, elven archers and cloaked vampires. Models for each particular creat
MMO Play: Free MMORPG & MMO Games
Connect. Have Fun. Find the Perfect MMO for You. Here at MMO Play, you can do it all with a serving of awesome sauce.
We have everything you've ever wanted in a MMO gaming community: MMO games lists, game guides, unbiased reviews, exclusive videos, community ratings and free MMORPG contests. Anything to make your gaming experience better and more epic, we've gone and added. Because we're pleasers that way. Register for a free account now.
What makes us different from the gazillion other MMO fan forums out there?
MMOPlay is way more than just forums. It's an online hangout and a resource guide. You can drop by to see what free MMORPG titles are topping the play charts. If you're stuck on a quest, ask for some tips. Or use our fantastic guides to hunt down achievements and rare gear. You'll always find cool stuff to do when hanging out at MMO Play.
Do people actually play all these other MMOs I've never heard of?
Triple-A games are great, but as a gamer you have to keep your mind open to new things. Don't you find it boring if everyone else was playing World of Warcraft or League of Legends? We do. Think of it this way: You'll get sick of eating burgers 24/7, even if they're the mind-blowing kind.
So to keep it interesting, we serve up a garden-fresh variety of MMO games. From fantasy to sc-fi to browser games to sidescrollers to indies. It's all in here in an easy-to-find format. When you're itching for a free MMORPG or have some spare cash for an extra sub, we can suggest some choices. You'll be surprised at how many fantastic games are just waiting to satisfy your MMO fix. Be a certified cool MMO Player. Register now.
New Games in MMO Play
Get into MMORPG Games
MMORPG games are insanely popular right now. One part of it's the cost -- they're so cheap to play. Just look around MMO Play. We've compiled some of the best free MMO titles around.
Another thing is that most MMORPG games have low system requirements. Often all you need is a PC bought in the past five years. That, and a stable internet connection. Then you can play 90% of the free MMO games out there. Some high-end subscription games might demand better specs, though. If that's the case, head to your friendly neighborhood PC store. You'll see that it's not so expensive to turn your PC into an MMO ready machine.
What about the monthly subscriptions, you say? Even with those added, MMORPG games offer the best value for money, hands down. You can easily spend hundreds of hours playing one MMO, and get hundreds more with each new patch or expansion. They're practically never-ending adventures that only get better the more hours you spend on them. You level up a character, collect more epic items, and build a legacy. It's a fun activity you can keep enjoying for years to come.
There's also the social aspect to consider. MMORPG games let you meet, interact and team up with thousands of other players. Sure, consoles have multiplayer and online modes now. But there's nothing like working with other people for a common goal. You might pair up to finish a dungeon run, or to build the best-looking farm in town. All you need is to get out there and make some MMOPlay friends.
Discover New MMO Games
Getting tired of your favorite MMO games? Maybe you need a little break. Our comprehensive MMORPG list fills you in on the latest and hottest titles. Read our helpful reviews and fan ratings to get an idea of the game. Then go dive right in – just click the Play Now button and you can try out each game.
If you're having trouble choosing, think about what MMO games you'd like to play. Are you a fantasy freak who can't get enough of elves and magic? Do you like to hack-and-slash enemies for hours on end? Do you get a rush from commanding troops and tanks to battle? Chances are, there's a perfect game waiting for you in our MMORPG list.
If you've narrowed down the category, then read our reviews and ratings for each game. We don't hold back on our opinions. We tell you the pros and cons of each MMO game, what makes them fun, and where they can do a bit better. This means less time experimenting and more time playing what you really like.
More of a visual gamer? Then go by the screenshots and videos. We put up lots of them in our MMORPG list. Sometimes it's the art style that hooks you in. Like a great-looking piece of armor or a jaw-dropping screenshot. Take a look around. Your next MMORPG addiction might just be a mouse click away.
Discuss the Best MMORPG
Want to know the best MMORPG right now? We won't decide for you. Join MMO Play and pick one from our ever-growing list. Compare and contrast those subscription games. Or pit one free to play MMO against another. It'll help you decide which one deserves your well-earned bucks and precious little time.
You can find out what makes each game the best MMORPG for its fans. If something catches your eye, then click on the game to learn more about it. MMO Play will always have new info, trailers and screenshots for each MMO. Or head down to the forums section to get some beginner tips and advice.
If you're already playing the best MMORPG, say it loud and proud. Submit a glowing review. Give the game a maxed-out rating. Form a fan club. Defend the honor of your free to play MMO against its bashers. You can even recruit guild members on the spot. We want you to make this your personal MMO home base.
But remember that you're sharing the space with other fans. They won't easily agree with your best MMORPG pick. For some, the best MMORPG is the one with sexy anime toons ("I don't care if her body's anatomically impossible, dude). Or the one without a cash shop ("Because cash shops are evil"). Or the one with a hardcore endgame (EZ mode is for N00bs!).
It all comes down to respecting each other. Discuss but don't discriminate. There's definitely room for one hundred best MMORPG, each epic in its own way.